Monday, October 3, 2011

How creative can you be when it comes to a scarf edging?

0 Comments

I've always liked quirky things, especially when it comes to things like lace, when things are supposed to be done a certain way, and a certain height, shape whatever.  It was to my suprise when looking for examples of "carnation oya" (mind you, depending on which area of turkey you come from determines what shape and the length between each motif there is.)  Now keeping in mind that in Turkish the same word for Cloves (the spice) also is the word for Carnation, I typed it in google to find examples.  After a couple of pages I found a photo of cloves with beads on them?  It wasnt until I opened up the photo that I saw that cloves had been used in an oya egding.  I laughed in sheer delight that someone actually thought to use cloves as a medium on a scarf.  I immedately told my partner about it who replied "yes this is probably used for a woman who doesnt like to shower because at least she'd smell nice then." - Great line.

So when I get the time, I'm going to buy a whole thing of cloves and I'm going to do it.  I think its a fabulous idea.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...